- Arrive at Tortaron, Kendreoth
- They leave Ruz and Doris at the Mug and Trickster Inn while looking for a way to get east
- They check the dock district in the Outer Ward, going to the Flying Drunkard
- Meet Dash, a halfling airship captain, who’s got a ship, but no Navigator
- While wandering the Inner Ward, they meet Reginald Pennington, a merchant of the Five Water Trading House
- He’s looking for adventurers to recover his trade caravan, which ambushed in the Edgewood forest by “dragon people”
- Will pay in gold and horses
- There’s a luxury airship, the Golden Chariot, heading east towards Mantyl, stopping at major cities along the way
- On the way back to the Mug and Trickster, flames explode out of their window
- Combat – What’s Going On?
- Doris laid dead in a pool of blood, stabbed by masked assassins, while across the room is a tiefling, Flinn
- The assassins explode in a pool of acid when they’re slain
- Flinn escapes by double teleporting out the window
- Ezekial takes Doris’s magic ring, “Evenflow,” a ring of evasion
- They find orders on her bearing the seal Lord Protector Zerefin Sindefear of Sanctuary and Kronus the Black to bring changeling wizards back to Sanctuary
- Combat – What’s Going On?
- They move to an Inner Ward inn, the Silver Chalice, and Azeem stays to guard Ruz
- Meet with Pennington to discuss the details of the job
- Tarkonus negotiates a higher payout
- They head out north from the city towards the Edgewood
- Arrive at Edgewood, Kendreoth
- Find the caravan, two wagons, it’s ore and metals strewn about and strange tracks that lead deeper into the woods
- They follow it and it leads into a cave full of “dragon people”
- Combat – Dragon People
- As their killed, turn into statues, explode into rust clouds or shards of bone
- Find a red gem that’s identical to the one Ezekial had that was absorbed into Ruz
- They return the wagons to Tortaron and find out that Dash has found a Navigator and is willing to transport them directly to Sanctuary
Dash Dardragon, Captain of the Crimson Hawk
A Delrian halfling with messy, black hair and no patience. Carries several strange weapons, short lengths of metal and wood, that hang from his many belts. Won the Crimson Hawk in a card game against a drunk merchant.
Reginald Pennington, Five Waters Trading House
A lower upper class merchant with a spacious manor in Tortaron’s Inner Ward. Stern and serious.
Flinn O’Demon, Bounty Hunter
A tiefling with a thick Kendrish accent, unkempt red hair, and curved horns like a ram. Tries to collect the bounty on Ruz, but decides dying isn’t worth the money and escapes. Wields a greatsword and possesses some magical power.
Ring of Evasion, “Evenflow”
A simple silver ring that enchanted to help the wearer avoid danger when speed is of the essence.
Can you grasp the wind?